What is Halal Certification?
Halal Certification means the entire process of including audit, inspection, testing and evaluation to establish that an article, product, service, manufacturing or process is in conformity with the Halal Standard, resulting in issuance of a Halal Certificate; HALAL CERTIFICATION assures that products or services are manufactured, packaged and delivered on the basis of Sharia rules and regulation.
How Does It Work?
A company interested in obtaining Halal certification through CeHA needs to complete a prescribed application form requesting Halal supervision and certification furnishing relevant details. Main steps leading to Halal certification of a facility by CEHA as follow:
- Expression of interest from company to obtain Halal certification and CEHA’s consent.
- To provide a list of all the products produced by it.
- To provide a complete list of all the raw materials, ingredients, and processes used in the production of all/ each of the products produced at their plant/ facility.
- Identification of products and facilities that the company wants to get Halal certified.
- The formal proposal from CEHA covering scope and terms for undertaking certification.
- Signing of an agreement by the company with CEHA as a token of acceptance of terms for the Halal certification and provision of full information and access to CEHA for initial and subsequent audit(s)/ inspection(s) of facilities for physical assessments.
- Initial screening, audit & evaluation of the information by CEHA and relevant clarifications.
- Physical inspection and audit of the facilities by CEHA through prior appointment.
- Issuance of Halal certificate by CEHA for one year or more and authorization for use of its logo on labels of certified Halal products during the currency of the certification.
- Establishment and documentation of the Halal Assurance System (HAS) at the production facility / plant by the company in consultation with CEHA. The process includes appointment of an internal Halal auditor/ coordinator and a team to implement an ongoing Halal Assurance System.
- Submission of six monthly (biannual) report of Halal Assurance System Implemented by the company to CEHA during currency of the Halal Certificate.